Thursday 30 September 2010

AUTUMNAL OPPORTUNITIES


    
After my disappointment at not hearing anything from the Sherman Theatre since the start of the year about scripts I'd sent for feedback, I'd almost given up ever hearing from them again. Then, last week I met Alan Harris, the guest writer at Pontardawe Script Cafe, who gave me constructive feedback on the reading of my short play,'The Dove and the Frog.' Later that week I received an email from the Sherman inviting me to take part in workshop sessions covering various elements of script writing, led by Alan, taking place at Chapter this autumn. At the end of these sessions they designate a Saturday when all participants will be asked to go into Chapter for a 'Lock In' day and asked to write for a full day and have a session with Alan or Sian Summers discussing the idea that we've had for a play in some detail. They will give us a submission date, about 6 weeks hence, by which time they will expect us to have completed a first draft of our plays. We will then receive detailed feedback from the team at Sherman Cymru. 
    I am so thrilled to have this opportunity-it feels like the kick start I need to get writing plays again.
Meanwhile, I'm continuing with my cycle of full moon poems and some poems about climate change.
    Awel Aman Tawe has a series of arts events around the theme of climate change this autumn. Contact Emily Hinchelwood at info@awelamantawe.co.uk or 01639 830870 for further information.   


No comments:

Post a Comment