Friday 21 October 2011

LAST ONE TO LEAVE THE ROOM


LAST ONE TO LEAVE THE ROOM

Gaze into this bowl of light.
See wasp spiders crawl over purple whales
sheep eyes, sleep eyes
swallow, suck
wallow round
deep down, until
like a python
night fingers my throat
squeezing my breath
crushing the light out of me, until
I squeak.

Light becomes night;
night without reason
treacherous night
unforgiving night
don’t go gently night
ferocious night
starry infinite night

In my last nanosecond 
I awake
vaporizing night, until
a glow worm appears
re-igniting light;
light pulsating
throbbing light
light of reason
loyal light
forgiving light
child whispering light
laughing light
starburst  light
light flooding into consciousness
light giving light to life again.


Janet Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment